Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Transformation Part 2


Whenever i start to write about my transformation, I get this instant feeling to either hear something motivational on the background or have something positive playing in my mind. I was motivated every bit of my struggle and training. It is the only thing along with change that has been constant.

Six months and counting i saw myself at a place i never imagined before. No one ever believed that i could be this way. No one ever thought of me being skinny or healthy or a beast. It was me who made everybody BELIEVE. It was me who made everybody REALISE. It was me who told everyone that it is POSSIBLE.


At this time of my life my mind was stronger than ever before. The knowledge i have was more than what i had. After six months things got a little more advanced. I had already started to read about supplements and whey proteins. Every obstacle i had also had a good side of facing it. Supplements were not cheap. Most of the savings wen in my food. The Good part here is how many times have u been happy on spending on your self, for a healthy purpose, I had to work my ass off for that money.
At this time my workout my sets my reps and my weights changed.
Workout was more intense than yesterday and every new day pain was more and more. What i was witnessing was not just a change but i was more confident in everything i did, I became stronger and stronger. At this time i had given up on probably all the social activities that i indulged my self into.

I was always by my self when it came to working out. Came across a few guys at the gym who i used to spot with but somehow i moved ahead cause i realised that many people in the gym have lack of focus.
There are two ways how u see someone. One is you are so happy about someone being so good with something that you express. The other is same you express but you show some kind of jealousy.
Many people have spent yrs in the gym to be lean and muscular but results have never seen as it was showing on me. Lack of diet lack of focus lack of knowledge lack of discipline lack of motivation lack of determination, were the main factors i noticed of most of the people in the gym.

By this time i was very well known in the gym amongst my trainers around and the people who came regularly. One day of my training i come across a very old and close friend in the gym. His name is Sarosh Q. Off course seeing me and from where I've come he was very impressed of how i changed myself. He too had quite a similar story as mine and started from scratch. The purpose of involving him in my blog is that he was a very important person involved in the struggle of my transformation.

I obviously knew him since i was fat, but seeing me in the gym like that when he has just started his 1st day assessment was like a excitement for him.
As time passed and we kept meeting everyday in the gym, we started working out together as a team.
Champions always come in pairs of two - Arnold Schwarzenegger
Sarosh was not only my spotter but my mental strength. He was the reason i had those extra 4 reps. Every time i was not sure of the weights i could do, Sarosh pushed me the number and made sure i did it.
He was focused and he was there with his mind. Together we were one powerful beast machine in the gym. Within a month or two of training with Sarosh, we realised our goals were same and our thoughts did not clash for even a second during training. There were times when I would say something and Sarosh would be thinking about it and vice verse. It was very important for me to connect with Sarosh when it came to training because  it was all about the energy he gives me and i pass back to him.
What was good about Sarosh was he was very well connected to people who have made a difference in their lives. He always kept himself motivated with all the sources of knowledge he could get. Compromising on time lines as he was doing his MBA was a task he did it beautifully. When two people of the same goal express dedication, the feeling is always to another level. December was near and so was Goa coming soon. I exactly knew what was on my mind and there was no better help support and lift that anybody but Sarosh could give me.

EAT CLEAN, TRAIN DIRTY

We often followed this line 'EAT CLEAN, TRAIN DIRTY'. Training dirty does not mean you whack out. This gave rise to another  quote which had much more meaning than this one. TRAIN SMART, NOT HARD.
Sarosh and me followed simple principles, Intense dieting, Satisfactory workouts and kept ourselves motivating till the last rep.

the changes
the pumping

the flexing


the parallel bars
The Show
The Show

Post workout
formation of the back

The feeling
to see and self motivate
initial Show
Our Man SAROSH
SAROSH- Do it right OR  don't!
Improvement plus change
Capturing Strength.
hiding skin
The darkness

bench press 60 pounds

capture MIND

show what you got.
All i learn from this period is how strong you can become with just one person @Sarosh always ends up giving u the positive vibes, the motivation, and the knowledge that you need.
Life will have many people to offer in the struggle, few you learn from and few who pass by you. Sarosh has been there in all times of life from then. Cheers to you bruv. Thanks for all the support.
Everybody has some of the other positivity to throw at you , its how you use it to modify and be the change you want to be. Never thought i would ever be writing something like this as its too emotional to match this situation, but it is a part of me i have accepted and loved. We are all born to do what we love, but we often end up loving what we do. Now what you do is your look out. I did what i had to and then started loving what i did.
CAPTURING STRENGTH BOOSTING DEDICATION PUMPING MOTIVATION AND PRESSING YOUR WORRIES ON THE BAR - Yusuf Nalwala ;-)

9 comments:

  1. Wow! Is what I can say...
    I just randomly came across your blog and pretty honestly, I'm NOT interested to read about "body building" blogs.
    Just because you had this health post up I ended up reaching to your blog and then discovering your transformation story. I must say it's pretty incredible. Super Job!
    I have seen a transformation like yours very closely in my brother's life. He too weighed something around 100+ (I guess) at one point in time and now he's a total fitness freak and an inspiration among people who know him. I can totally relate to you being one too among your peers.
    Great to know your story...Cheers!
    I'll look forward to more :)
    -Rashida

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you said everything in short..........
      however randomly you came across i am glad you did cus even that one person reading my blog means much to me. off-course its rare to find girls in bodybuilding so i didn expect this comment but when i read it i was more than overwhelmed...
      if i don't share my story and just share my success then that will not separate me from the rest who only talk about success and not how they struggled.
      i was very honest as this is something v v v v v close to me something that has never been this close. its more like a part of me. a better half....
      you related better as you saw it happening in your brothers life, and more or less its the same thing because its just the intensity that differs not the motive the motive remains the same.
      I am glad your brother too is one of this kind cus very few ppl make it tilll here and keep going......proud of him.....and glad a sister like you kept the support.
      my story has begun now what you read was just a short synopsis of my past.
      Follow my page on facebook...
      https://www.facebook.com/DeterminationMotivationStrength

      thanks for alll your comments and wishes. i motivate cus by motivating i fuel motivation in myself.

      Delete
  2. Yeah....that's what the beauty of your story was. It was brutually honest.
    Also, the fact that you took it upon yourself to make "that important" change in your life. Bravo!
    All about will power.

    I'll follow your page and have my young college-going gym-enthusiast cousins who are into all this follow your page too - might like taking tips from a pro :)

    I noticed you wrote this blog around a year back. I'm sure you're not the same anymore. Much bigger? :P (I'm guessing) lol.


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. if once in my life i was asked to be honest to myself this was the time hence honesty was more than 100 percent.
      if once in your life time you don't do something for your self religiously then how religious you are to what you believe in when god is concerned.
      i will do everything i believe in with my 100 percent and that will always pay me back may be in time but it will.
      I used to drink and smoke to another level. its been 3 years since i have given up smoking but i drink once twice in six months....that's the power i have because no one i know has easily succeeded in giving up smoking for good...
      Since my transformation life is all about standing out from the crowd for me....
      id appreciate your time and concern over my fb page.....it will be motivating for me to motivate and guide others who wish to make a change in their lives.
      i am not a pro but my dream is to be the biggest trainer in the world.
      i wrote this when i injured myself with slip disc for the first time while i was bed ridden.....then i got back got a new job etc so life moved on and i started writing and posting over fb and didn initiate the blog. i broke my back twice like relapsed on slipdisc 5 months back lol.....but once again i am back and my journey has turned new to every aspect.....i train people now and train myself smarter and better .....i was bigger post my first injury now iam lean but goood muscle quality......dont know if you understood tht lol....follow me on instagram and my fb page u wud know what i mean....
      instagram : sufvicious

      Delete
  3. Like it's said...it's the journey which matters more than the destination.
    However, you have lived the journey to the fullest as I can see (experiencing ups and downs) and met your desired destination too (a healthy lifestyle). Allah has blessed you! Indeed.

    For my brother...I guess the motivation factor could have been my Bhabhi. lol. That too before his wedding he was just fine, a nice lean guy and after that he just became careless. Then he started hating what he saw and then he thought of rebooting his mental and physical system and will power one fine day and that's where his journey began...

    It's like a perfect graph for you, you know:
    fat -> slip disc -> determination, motivation, gaining back strength -> body building -> relapse -> being lean and fit.

    There are such less fortunate people in this world who eventually end up following or doing what they really Luv or are passionate about.

    You know I have always wanted to be this perfect figured girl.
    I have the curves. Just not that perfect though.
    I hate going to and different body types. Blah blah.
    May be one day/ some day..I will come over this!!!

    *motivation please knock my door too* :P

    See you on fb and Instagram! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. the only reason i have been single all this while is because i have priotrised myself and my wants....my gym was first and after tht came family.eventually family always stayed while i was bed ridden with slip disc but yeah. its how imp and badly u want.....i have fallen down twice bt nthg has stopped me
      i am what i am and i have createda new identity for my self in a span of three years......the only change they seee in me is my muscle lol
      motivation u read seee and passsion u dun wait for it to knock on ur door...
      from 107 kilos tht i was i came to 40 looking like a drugggieee as u saw in my blog
      i just had my dad tell me yusuf change or else ulll have to change ur house lol
      i was freaked out lol
      so i got up and started didn wait for anything to knock....
      in bombay nobody says no to me to work out in their gym cus ppl get inspired looking at me
      iam the alpha dog in golds gym bombay....
      now tht i am in dubai i train guys at the burj khalifa and work so i put in 15 hrs of hard work daily cus thats howbadly i wanna succceeed
      so make sure u want it as bad as u ewanna breath
      and life willl bless and give u back everything tht u wanted desired and wished justget up and do it ....hell with whose looking and whose not.....this is for u not for the ppl looking at u....cus who r looking are yet there and u r doing something they dont so make ur self feeel blessed;....and remeber to give back to every one who made u do it and who wasa part of ur change

      Delete
  4. Ahhh...I just ended up eating some wordsin my last post..I meant to write...
    I hate going to gym. May be because I don't know how to use the instruments too well, may be I don't feel enough motivation once I go there, no comfort of trainers, or liking towards the ambiance or just plain boredom once started with those machines...
    What ever the reason I state...It can just be useless..making me sound disinterested.
    But I'm sure you know how much all of these factors matter to be right!!

    Therefore, I end up going to different health and fitness blogs and reading up on them and seeing what's good for different body types. Blah Blah..

    (This is what I ate up in my last post..hungry much..haha)


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. to start with i never had a trainer ever.......i kept googling youtubing and reading to learn and know everything i am today...
      ask me how many cals in an apple i will tell u what it has and why u shud have it
      u have to get out of ur comfort zone to bring this change in u
      hell with the comfort zone......be sore be in pain cus eventually this pain will make sense...
      i fell ill with slip disc twice
      it is something for life tht i am gonna be troubled....it happened dude to heavy weight liftijng and loosing my mind over heavy weights...
      today as i seeee i need a reward from this injury i need to make my self and my family proud for what i sufffered....i then dreamt of being a bodybuilder and getting on stage to compete and inshalllah one day i will.....thats gonna be my reward and my pay back to my parents and to show the world tht i can do it that i did it and nthg can let me down...........its the stage i create for myself......girls ligfting weights become muscular is a myth.....u can be sexy as u want or u can loook hw u are both are accepted by ypou.....the only difference is one needs discipline and other needs money.....decision is ypours



      xcuse my typing and spellings iam reallybad at it

      Delete
  5. Damn damn damn!!
    I'm getting inspired to make the move. You know it's like you have all source of motivation right in front of you but it's you and only you who can make that difference by making that move forward...

    I have so much inspiration at home. In form of bhai n even mom whose lost so much weight (around 17kgs Masha Allah). But I think I'm just too caught up with worldly deeds ( work and studies) and keep putting health behind even though it keeps haunting me.
    I plan to fully indulge now as I'm completing my masters in Jan 2014 so just last semester last subject. Insha Allah.
    Now I need to put all the motivation that you have backed me up with and also that I see each day at home infested to be put to real good use.

    Discipline. Discipline. Discipline.
    My Life needs to have that now.

    I'm sure the way you have come so far...with all your inner strength you're going to go much much far.
    Going to make all the people who know you so proud too. I have that faith in you with the little that I have come to know you from your blog.
    May Allah always be there by your side to guide you to the path you so ever want to accomplish.

    Some times it's really good to share stuff with a complete stranger. It gives you that sense of ease of not being judged and heard. Thanks for listening (I guess that's the right word) and keep inspiring :)

    ReplyDelete