Thursday, 7 June 2012

Transformation Part 1




1ST WEEK


Its the beginning of the most challenging time of my life. I am skinny with no flesh and i have just started to go to the gym, and all i have is enough support and knowledge to make me enter the gym. I made sure I went to the gym, did random workouts, asked the stupidest questions. Within the span of a month i was quite regular, like 6 days of the week. I realised i had even started a diet which was heavy in protein and carbs. All this research was done by me and only me using the most powerful medium the Internet followed by google. At the end of the first month i had like a vision, a goal that i wanted to achieve. With the help of google i came across Scott Herman. Scott Herman is an American fitness model. I happened to find him on google and later when i searched him on you tube i got a list of all his training regimes. Maximum amount of knowledge is gained when your motivation and determination level is at its peak. I was on it, so i downloaded each and every video of his and also made sure i had them on my phone. I must have seen his video of the particular workout I'm doing more than 10 times in the day, so if i ever went wrong in doing something in the gym, it would be lack of focus. I am very lucky for all the amenities i have had and happy to make the most of it. I am going to share the link to all the series of Scott Herman fitness videos, and I'm sure it would help as it helped me.

Scott Herman Fitness

I was beneficial in many ways with whatever i had with me. Talking about my gym, it was 24hrs. So i could go to the gym at any given time. When i initially started, I used to go to the gym quite late at night. When i say late i meant like 2 am or so. The gym would be isolated with me and just another trainer, so basically having personal attention. Its true when people say "When you work hard for something, everything falls your way". Everything did, every single thing.

4TH WEEK


For about Six months I followed Scott Herman, and the best part is I don't remember one day i skipped gym, Its like being an extremist, but for yourself, why not?
I am going to write my diet down at the end of this post. So I have been very religious about going to the gym, but that's not it. Seeing my past I'm sure by now its evident that i was not disciplined in any of my habits.
I started smoking at a very early age, followed by alcohol. From all my friends it was only me who was like always a smoker and drinker, none of my friends had any bad habits. To give up smoking was a task, i wondered how would i ever do without it. I used to smoke in this duration of 6 months. That had a principle involved 2hrs before gym i just never smoked. I also made sure i tried cutting down smoking after gym. I was an alcoholic, like a fish in the sea of Jack Danial's. These six months i cut down alcohol in such a way that i made sure i consumed only on occasions like best friends birthday. In six months maximum 3 times i must have gone out to party and drink.
Its a stupid mental block that I could not party without alcohol i had, hence i kept my self away from any place beyond the gym. Being out and stuff would urge me on eating or drinking something, so in order to avoid those urges i did like completely disappear from my social life. Its one of the reasons i call myself an extremist. This does not mean i did not need anyone else or anything else, it just simply proves i was being very determined of the change and i was very motivated towards it, and all i expected everyone to do is support than just drift away. May be i was wrong in my thoughts, but i know exactly that everything will be fine in the end. Indeed my friends were the biggest support in each way to me.

2 MONTHS COUNTING


2 MONTHS AND 2 WEEKS COUNTING



In the gym i was like a newbie. I kept wondering what people would think of me when i am doing just 10 pounds of bench press. Initially it worried me but i knew i ain't stopping. End of the first month i got over that feeling as my presence in the gym became more prominent than the  people i worried about. This is one way i used my mind to always boost my confidence. It took me approximately 2 to 3 months to understand the meaning of being focused, disciplined and healthy. You cant be Arnold in one night. What i mean by this is I started weightlifting from 7.5 pounds. Imagine 2hrs in the gym and for one entire month i could not lift more than 12 pounds. Off course i was bored, I didn't see results nothing. That is the time you fight it out. Not a single day i missed in that one month, did not more than 12 pounds, 5 variations, 4 sets each, 18:25:15:12 reps each set. THAT CALLED A FIGHT.


3 MONTHS AND 3 WEEKS COUNTING.


5 MONTHS AND 3 WEEKS COUNTING



DEDICATION, FOCUS, HARD WORK, DISCIPLINED last but not the least SACRIFICE is what i was dealing with, results were showing, there was no possible chance of going back. I could never read books or do any thing that included reading. Today i find my self finishing the entire encyclopedia of Arnold Schwarzenegger, and most of the times i find my self reading and watching body building articles books and videos. Reading plays a very important part here because that is the knowledge u r sure of, which you have read and u have a point in it. Where as when u as someone a question about anything related to body building and weight training, everybody has different views which have worked for them and may not work for you. You don't want to be confused at this point so its a hear all and do one thing KIND OF A STRATEGY AND WAY OF LIFE.






My diet has been the most vital and important part of my beginning. For me it was like starting from scratch, like building an appetite which i lost due to smoking. I had already given up on aerated drinks cause that's like poison. All i did was converted every meal into the most healthiest meal. Now that was not at all easy for someone who ate only junk. As i said you cant be Arnold in one day, dieting same way started gradually. Take this in writing that google has everything one needs for everything. Same way i have read and read different diet plans and also tried making my own. You cannot keep it in your mind until u have followed it long enough to develop a relationship with it. I had written every single thing down. My mom just needed to be told how to do it and she just made it the best and the healthiest meal for me to eat. If it was not for her it would be impossible to gain even a pound of muscle. At the end of six months i had gained 8 to 10 pounds of lean muscle. There was not a single artificial supplement used in this process. Every thing depended on my diet, lifestyle, workout and MIND CONTROL.
Eventually at the end of six months i had gained enough strength to push my limits every week. When you do something with all your heart you always find your self interacting with people of the same interest. The more the people i met, automatically i started hearing more about bodybuilding, which gave me a new name and workout to search every single day.

6 MONTHS AND COUNTING                                                                                                                             




6 MONTHS AND COUNTING



The diet i followed for six months.
I gradually kept increasing my protein intake in order to make sure my body reacts well to it.
Monitoring your hunger will help you realise how much time exactly it takes for one meal to supply its nutrients to your body.
Antioxidants have played a major role in my weight loss and gain.

Breakfast:
5 egg whites
Hand full of oats
1 cucumber
One cup of green tea.

2 to 3 hours after breakfast:
50  to 80 grams of sweet potato
3 egg whites


Lunch:
2 chapattis
1 vegetable dish cooked in fever amount of olive oil
( spinach, lady fingers, sprouts, green peas, capsicum cabbage basically most of the green veggies.)
Around 60 grams of lean chicken breast grilled or cooked in Olive oil.
One cup of green tea.


By evening before 5pm:
3 egg whites and a bowl of curd.
(curd is because of the heavy protein diet,  it helps in cooling the heat inside created due to the heavy protein intake.)

Before Workout :
1 Apple
One cup of green tea.
A coffee shot.
(A coffee shot is strong espresso without milk and sugar . Caffeine gives u a energy boost, like a pre-workout but not a pre-workout.)

After Workout :
80 to 100 grams of chicken (grilled)
A small bowl of papaya
One cup of green tea.

Before sleeping:
3 egg whites.

THERE WERE NO CHEAT DAYS.
THE ONLY THING THAT KEPT INCREASING INCREDIBLY WAS MUSCLE SIZE, STRENGTH AND WATER INTAKE.
NO FRIED!! NO JUNK!! NO SUGARS!!
KEEP SIPPING WATER AFTER EVERY SET
I USED TO INTAKE MIN 6 TO 8 LITER'S OF WATER EVERYDAY.
EAT, BUT DON'T OVEREAT.

This is where i started, my diet was the most important part and will be the most important part. I miss everything i used to eat . I now eat everything but all in its time and i never worry about fat anymore, because i know how to burn it.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment