Wednesday, 6 June 2012

That one day...

On April 5th 2011, I weighed 60 kilos. I looked like a disaster. In better words I felt life had sucked me and shrunk every muscle of my body. My parents were worried and perplexed as to what was going on. My father called me in his room to have a word with me regarding my health. He asked me what I had done to myself.

I just didn't have the guts to look at him in the eye and tell him anything because I myself had no idea as to what was happening. I knew I had shrunken and things didn't appear good on a healthy note. All my father asked was if if I had taken or been influenced by any drug. I could not blame him for this thought of his as it was evident that I looked pretty bad. My friends sarcastically used to comment saying that I had contracted aids. I remember that moment when I promised myself and my parents that I will be the change they wanted to see.
                                                                                                              
This is me weighing 60 kilos. Now you can imagine the seriousness of the situation when I said I looked as if life's sucked me in. On 11th April 2011 I woke up in the morning and out of no where made a promise or rather say I challenged  myself to become who I am today. That point I knew nothing of whats to be done and how it is to be done but I knew it had to be done.I was strong headed and hence hit the gym. I entered the gym and saw everybody beefed up and looking at me in the mirror giving me weird stares. My first reaction was ''HELL NO!"..
I had no idea as to what had to be done and where to start from but nevertheless I took the first baby step. My first day in the gym was quite interesting as I hardly did any weights but I spoke continuously to the trainers flooding them with questions about my diet plan and what kind of a workout should I start with. That was indeed the first step towards my change.
The problem I was facing was uncertainty of what I wanted. We all come across so many things we want but we cant have everything we want. From all the past experiences I knew one thing that knowledge is POWER and when u mix it with PASSION, you feel like you have been blessed with SUPERPOWER. Half knowledge is worse than ignorance and hence I had to know exactly what had to be done to overcome the obesity.

No comments:

Post a Comment